Making an Apron…

Today I decided to throw together an apron for next week’s Faire.  How hard could it be?  As it turns out for once, not very!  My first step was raiding my mom’s fabric stash and lucking into a piece of white fabric just the right size (about 45″x26″).  I didn’t even have to cut it to size. What good fortune!

My second step was ironing hems into three sides of the fabric.

The hems of the apron got ironed first.

The hems of the apron got ironed first.

Then I stitched around those sides.

Then I sewed the hem

Then I sewed the hem

Then I stitched a very loose row of stitches along the top so I could gather the apron before stitching it to the band (which I also lucked into).

And here’s the finished product:

Voila!  The finished apron.  I think this should go nicely with my garb.

Voila! The finished apron. I think this should go nicely with my garb.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s